Monday 29 July 2013

Scuba Seraya Resort, Tulamben - Bali, Reviewed June 1 and July 19, 22, 2013.

“Awesome location and very attentive and inexpensive!” (by bcwinc)
I was staying on the other side of Bali so this was a three hour trek to come over and scuba dive on the wreck. The room was clean, simple but very cheap. When you did as many dives as I did, you sleep very well! The staff was very nice and attentive to all of my needs. It was off season and there was only one other set of people so the service was awesome. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is going their to scuba dive! that is what this place caters to....Scuba Divers!!!4 of 5 starsReviewed July 22, 2013 NEW
I was staying on the other side of Bali so this was a three hour trek to come over and scuba dive on the wreck. The room was clean, simple but very cheap. When you did as many dives as I did, you sleep very well! The staff was very nice and attentive to all of my needs. It was...

“Great time in Bali!” (by Rachel F)
This resort has the most jovial and fun-loving dive guides we have found so far, they really made the days fun! (And took your mind off having to climb into a speedboat to get to your dive sites!)
The room was really lovely (the oceanfront villas have outdoor beds you can lounge in to watch the oceans waves crash or see a gorgeous sunrise!)
The restaurant had many options and everything was tasty, but if you want to go into Tulemben for dinner it's as easy as asking the ladies at the counter (the totally run the show!)
(Actually, the resort offers a variety of land-trips which they don't list on the website - so just ask the restaurant ladies, they know all! We did a all-day driving tour to/from Ubud and it was amazing!!!)
The diving got a little repetitive after about 4 days, BUT it's totally worth it to do Liberty Wreck twice (you can't see it all in one dive anyway) AND the house reef had some of the largest critters we found during our stay, it's really a good time!
The dive schedule was very relaxed (we were there about a week before the real "busy season" began, so pretty much we got to decide when/where we wanted to go diving. 7am? Ok, boss. 8:30 sounds better? No problem!
(Be aware - you need dive boots to cross the stoney beach to get into the boats! Bare feet hurt!)
Overall - excellent, relaxing, luxurious stay :) Tell Joey the giant house-reef eel we say hi.

“Peaceful Oceanfront Resort” (by Divereb)
Positive experience for my 1st travel and dive experience in Bali. I traveled solo and had no dive buddies which posed no problems at all. This was my 1st stop in a multi destination dive trip lasting over 30days. I stayed 6 nites and did up to 5 dives a day including night dives. Great start to what was an awesome Indonesia dive vacation

Resort staff was very accommodating to my needs even though I arrived after hours, nearly midnight. Airport to resort transportation went smoothly. Accommodations were excellent, property manicured and maintained. Ocean front views even from garden bungalows. Outside open air covered dining hall.

Dive staff experienced and very knowledgeable and accommodating. Dive staff adjusting the dive schedule based on what I wanted to do. Water temp(78F) and visibility(35-100Ft) was much better than I expected. Dive guides sought out and located nearly all the critters I requested. Guides were caring and cautious of the fragile aquatic life.

I arranged to do several land based tours that I did on my final day as I traveled back to Denpasar to continue my travel plans. Excellent resort experience.

Source : Link